Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Yep. I missed some posts.

It is the last day of March. What a crazy month. I can ramble off lists of things I did and activities I did with the kids but it really just seems like a blur in my mind. It happens so fast. It will be April tomorrow (April Fools Day at that) and I will be one month closer to being the mother of a teenager. Amazing how time just keeps going.

Not only did I blog less in March but I was on the computer less. I spent more time participating in something parent-like, playing dice with Bailey (we shake the dice and keep score. She thinks it is an amazing game), watching a kid movie or two, and just trying not to stress so much. It works. If Mama's happy so is everybody else, well within reason. Bash would probably be happier if he had a laptop and Bailey wants something different all the time but those are just items which will temporarily make them happy not provide bliss.

I've learned that reacting is the worst type of parenting I can offer my children. I do not need to argue with them. I am the parent. I say my piece and then walk away. This is amazingly effective. Also, nurturing will get me far. So many times a gentle voice is needed and a hug. I am trying and conscious and applying myself to be a better parent and I hope that it works. I know my kids are good. I know they are a handful and I know by many standards they are spoiled but they will always and forever be mine to love and I am thankful.

No comments: