Wednesday, September 15, 2010

August-----> Money

August --->Money
*Make some
*Spend some
*Save some
*Establish a vacation goal with the kids and start a jar
*Evaluate my relationship with money and improve it

At this point in my life money seems to rear an ugly side of me. Simply for the fact that there is little to go around. I am not alone in my hardship at this time, much of America is out of work or surviving on substantially less than in previous years. I take it personally though. I am a hard-worker. I am a mother raising two kiddos and I need to provide for them. I want to give them more than I received and at this time it is difficult. I stretch money better than I thought was possible and appreciate the lessons of management I am learning. I hope to jump this hurdle, hold on to the lessons and not enter this zone again down the road.

I am able to substitute teach some since school is back in session and that helps a great deal. I also do photography engagements, in-store event auditing, and the occasional craft order. If something else comes along that I am suited for that will yield a profit I jump on it and get to work.

Saving money is difficult now because there is barely enough for the things that must be paid. I know once I am able to work regularly I will save because I know the feeling of being empty in the bank. I took so much for granted before I lost my job. There was never a worry of paying a bill on time. No need to balance anything before deciding where to eat and now things are different. I cook mostly and when we eat out it is a treasure. We are not frequenting shows and such as much and when we do go everyone is excited.

No comments: