Wednesday, September 15, 2010

July----> Language

July --->Language
*Study either Spanish or Italian each day for at least fifteen minutes
*Incorporate language more in my daily life

Oh Boy! I flopped big time in this department :( I must and absolutely must start studying Italian again. I did travel in July which by virtue of necessary conversation and survival I learned some French and quickly learned I cannot speak Spain Spanish due to the thick lisp. I just was unable to decipher much of anything and we became the tourist who asks for the translated menu. But in France we got along pretty well and I am certain it is because I did not know much of any French thus not assuming I understood when people spoke.

But I love Italian, I love the sound, I love the way words are written and when we go to Italy I want to speak Italian. I want to read the menus and venue information and understand.

No comments: