Sunday, September 12, 2010

May----> Organization

May --->Organization
*Clear out physical, emotional and mental clutter
*Create space
*Have one empty shelf

Clearing out physical clutter "can" be easy and is much simpler to deal with than the emotional and mental crap we carry around day after day, year after year. I live in a limited space world. I have less than 800 sq ft of living space and two kids. We always seem to have more crap than we need and there are books and paper all over the place. I will not part with the books! I keep trying to devise a wall to maintain the chaos that ensues with books littering even the tiniest of tables but ultimately I think I will need bookshelves lining all walls and only then where there be a place for all the books. I failed at my attempt to have an empty shelf. Unless of course the tiny miniature shelf that tops of my key hook counts? If so, I have a clear shelf :)

Creating space in my heart and mind and literally my lungs is vital. I am constantly shuffling my cranium files to store the best new book I am reading, or to shift through the strange acts of my teenager [OMG I have a teenager- like full-fledged teen], correcting my little girl without tramping her spirit and imagination, or listening to the internal conversation that is taking place so I don't instantly eat my words once uttered in conversation with loved ones. Seriously, there is lots going on there. And thus necessary to do a clean sweep. I am allowing myself not to brood and to brood when needed and necessary. There are times when it is refreshing to climb in bed with Ben & Jerry and cry my eyes out while watching TLC. But I also need to get up and stretch and raise my heart rate because working out feels great too.

For me, organization is a balancing act. Taken too far and I am seen as controlling and OCD but not taken serious enough and I am out of control and a slob. Thus, the quest for balance continues. I must admit clean counters and the smell of a clean home makes me happy :)

No comments: