Wednesday, September 15, 2010

September-----> Career Exploration

September-->Career Exploration
*Dig DEEP!
*Explore my options
*Try something new
*Be true to Alina

Well, well, well, here goes nothing. I am embarking on a new career. After Praxis II exams, countless attempts at straightening things out for grad school or alternative certification, a handful of denied teaching positions and a reality check on the costs of pursing another degree. I am abandoning my goal of teaching. Deep down, I know I will teach someday. If that means later in life I will return to college or I end up in Africa somewhere teaching in a hut, I do not know. But I know at this moment in life I am not going to school for education. I love being in the schools and absolutely enjoy substituting but I cannot handle the bureaucracy of the system at the moment. It is a tango I am unskilled to dance.

I explored other options that appeal to me and after much thought and careful consideration of weighing pros and cons I am entering Massage Therapy School. I am extremely excited to learn a craft that can help people. I am also excited to know that when I graduate I will possess a specific skills set for working in a field that I enjoy and the flexibility of the career is perfect for raising two kiddos.

This definitely fits into my trying something new guideline.

No comments: