Tuesday, February 23, 2010

February- Show me some love, please

Okay. I am a day late and more than a few dollars short but here's my entry anyway. I feel like Mother Nature dislikes me very much so. My allergies are worse right now than I ever remember. I can finally successfully breathe through my nose for about eight hours before needing to take some medicine. This is vast improvement from last week and the weekend. The only downside is that when I do finally need to take my medicine, it renders me of any use to anyone or myself. SO, I am trudging on and only taking once a day now to see if I can hold strong. You may be asking why I just rambled about my health for too long focusing on my health is part of February.:) Sadly, although I am not actually sad about, I will fail my attempt to run 1 mile before the end of the month. On a happier note I am still using many of my attitude exercises from January. My favorite attitude move is to keep my mouth shut and walk away. You have no idea how helpful this simple move is and it WORKS!

This week I've been making an effort with my kids. I do not necessarily think that the connections with them are frayed but instead I am approaching it as I do not want those connections to fray. And things are working. It really is true that if we look for the good we find it and vice verse, so, this past week I've been looking for good in each of them and I am finding it.

Just the other night, I was looking for a new book to download to my amazing Nook (thank you sweetheart) and Sebastian came to look with me. So, there we were mother and son searching through Barnes and Noble e-books. I loved it. And interestingly enough before I could state the title of the one I wanted, Sebastian said "I know you want that one on Paris and Love," and he was so correct. It was the exact book I wanted. Those several minutes we spent scrolling the site together were and are very important to me. Bash is growing up. Literally. He has grown three inches since May and seems to be growing more each day. He will be a teenager soon and before I know it he will be a man. I am happy to see him excelling; however, sometimes when I look at him I still get a glimpse of the four year old little boy who loved Monster Trucks more than anything.

No comments: