Monday, February 1, 2010

Jan - Attitude (still a work in progress)

January is officially over and my attitude resolution is a work in progress. I am pleased with my choice to focus on attitude first in my project. Doing things "with a good attitude" or waking up "with a good attitude" is not as easy as it seems. This month I evaluated many areas of my life that impact my attitude. Coincidentally, most of the areas are individual focus areas on my year list. So, at least I know where to look to address my less than perfect qualities.

I learned that being happy with me and having a good attitude toward myself is the most important step. How can I expect someone to be nice to me if I am not nice to myself? I cannot. But having a good attitude with myself and toward myself are different. I know now that I can be me. I can be just that. There is no need to compete with the image I think I should be when being the me that I am is enough. I am loved and am loved because of the unique and individual person I am. If I am uncomfortable with a trait I have or a personality flaw that I dislike, I can change it. But the flipside is that I can keep all that I love too. I am learning to be more comfortable in my own skin and just be me.

Raising my energy level this month was really nice because I walked the lakes or did yoga. I truly love how I feel after walking the lakes and I promise myself to make more time for walks. The cold weather and sinus troubles of the past few weeks did little for my energy level but I realized sometimes life settles us down and we should embrace that too. One night I was feeling under the weather so I made popcorn and we watched a movie. Bai thought it was amazing and I was able to relax. Another time when I didn't feel well we slept in and then started our day. And all was right with the world and life went on.

As I move into February, I will focus on relationships, the ties that bind, and acts of love. Seems like a great place to be since Valentine's Day is there to remind me of my focus.

No comments: